The URISA GIS Leadership Academy trains future leaders to create winning organizations. Graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to navigate the challenges of changing economies and technologies. The Academy teaches the necessary skills to create effective teams, act with defined purpose, and align organizations on the path to success.
Overheard: During the very first coffee break on Day One of the GLA in Raleigh in May, one of the attendees noted that his participation already paid for itself with what he learned in the first 90 minutes. Quite the endorsement!
The GIS Leadership Academy is five-days of training during which participants will learn and discuss:
- GIS leadership and management techniques
- Strategic planning
- Successful team development
- Organizational capacity building and sustainability strategies (ROI, innovative funding ideas)
- Program investment and justification
- Change management
- Situation assessment and organizational performance evaluation
- Ethics and professional challenges
- Problem solving
Make it Count!In addition to earning 5 days’ worth of Education Points for your GISP Certification or Renewal, this event was also approved for a whopping 37 AICP CM Credits! Click here to access the AICP-CM detail.
Why did you choose the URISA GIS Leadership Academy?
- I chose the URISA GIS Leadership Academy because of its reputation for providing excellent leadership training specific to those in the GIS profession. I have a couple of colleagues who have attended in previous years that speak very highly of it as well.
- Appears to be a rare opportunity to experience "GIS" training at the management/leadership level, rather than the very common technical level.
What do you hope to gain from your GLA participation?
- To develop and enhance my leadership skills in order to provide our County with the best GIS!
- I need to move away from handling the technical aspects of GIS and become more of a strategist to develop long-term City-wide implementation for GIS.
- Learn leadership skills to help push GIS to City leaders and enable them to make data-driven decisions.
- I would like to learn about growing a program and how to demonstrate the benefit of GIS to upper management.
Register Soon: The GLA includes numerous interactive exercises, team-building tools, and opportunities to discuss topics in a way you cannot do at a large conference. Note that course attendance is limited to about 50 participants to encourage such interaction. Right now there are seats available. But the training is expected to sell out. So register early to guarantee your spot.
Venue: Hyatt Regency Toronto (370 King St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1J9, Canada). The discounted room rate is $229 CAD (approx $170 USD) - with complimentary in-room internet access. The deadline for reservations is July 22, 2019, or until the reserved block is sold out.
Check out the details and make your plans soon: Get Started