The Geospatial and Information Community's Annual event
Click here to View Sessions Agenda
Note: Please register separately for workshops.
BeSpatial / BeSmart'19: Creating Business Value and Social Impact
2 Day Event Wednesday, May 01 and 02, 2019
@ The Bayview Club, Thornhill, ON
BeSpatial'19 - 1 or both days
We are excited to announce the venue with topics on Smart Initiatives - the role of the geospatial and information community in shaping and enabling the transformation to SMART!
Two full days of sessions are planned to address the importance of geospatial and information, at all levels, to the successful realization of the Smart City. The approach will provide opportunities for GIS professionals and practitioners to showcase their initiatives to their peers as well as management and executives levels.
Date: May 1 & 2, 2019
Location: The Bayview Golf and Country Club
25 Fairway Heights Drive, Thornhill, ON L3T 3X1
Who Should Attend?
The intended audience for this 2 day event includes public and private sector with participants from the federal, provincial, regional and municipal levels, IT leaders, GIS professionals and practitioners, , economic development professionals, city managers, CAO’s, CFO’s, mayors, reeves, wardens, chairs and senior staff – from large, small, rural and first nations municipalities. Other key stakeholders include community activists and visionaries from the private and not-for-profit sectors.
- Morning Keynote - Nickolas Day, Metrolinx
- Toronto & Region Conservation Authority – “ Using Lidar to Detect Potential Vernal Pools and Low/Wet Areas for Wetland Restoration”, presented by Christopher Menary;
- IBI Group - “The TH!NK Bike: A New Approach to Data Acquisition & Analysis”, presented by Anthony De Crescenzo;
- City of Hamilton – “Keeping a Common Address Database ‘Common’ using FME”, presented by Heather Howe and Lesley MacKenzie.
BeSpatial / BeSmart'19 Executive Forum - Day 2 - May 2nd Panel Topics:
Click for BeSpatial / BeSmart'19 - Executive Forum only
- Legal and Political Challenges in Data Collection and Access
- Data Analytics, Open Data and Smart Business Decisions
- Community Broadband and Economic Development
- Public-Private Partnership (P3), Challenges and Opportunities
- Benchmarking Leading Practices in Service Delivery, Canadian Smart Cities Challenge
- Building Smart Cities and Communities of the Future
Watch for more details coming soon about the BeSmart'19 Executive Forum and from experts in the geospatial and information community that have been drawn together to discuss various aspects of information management, Smart Cities and the global move to open!
The Geospatial and Information community is actively engaged in many diverse building block initiatives that support and shape SMART initiatives. A broader understanding of the significance of these spatial initiatives within an organization is required to realize these benefits and enable a smarter city. The presentations will speak to the critical role that the geospatial and information community plays in the evolution of the smart city, communities and their environments.
The BeSpatial event is an annual event for the geospatial and information community. The BeSpatial'19 event offers program sessions, an executive forum, industry updates in an expo showcase. The event attracts attendees from a diverse cross-section of public and private disciplines: Geospatial (GIS) professionals and Information service (IT/IS) managers, engineers, surveyors, consultants, analysts, technicians, technologists, specialists, professors and students from Ontario.
You are invited to participate in making this year's event a great one!
Here is how:
Exhibition Opportunities - SOLD OUT! Sponsor spots available
Best Challenge Awards - Closed
Bursary Award - Closed
MApps (Maps and Apps) Awards
Sponsors and Exhibitors
Additional Sponsorship Opportunities - e-mail: BeSpatial
We would love to hear from you. Please e-mail: BeSpatial with any questions!